Hey, it’s Christian Langshaw,
I’m a retired journalist. Today writing is just a hobby of mine; however you can find my work in many places anyway.
Although I have never won the Pulitzer Prize, if you dug deep you would find that I had my share in some award-winning articles.
Before my retirement, I was mostly ghostwriting. My main task was to collect background information about famous people and a few times I also worked as a war correspondent in the Middle East.
Nowadays I spend most of my time relaxing and taking care of my two grandchildren with whom I visit mostly the Yosemite National Park. I don’t really take on new projects unless they are truly exciting.
As seen on:
- Conducting interviews with anyone who is connected to the story including the sources and the readers.
- Attending meetings and conferences.
- Involved in selecting the cover images for a magazine.
- Writing features and reporting directly to the editor.
- Following up leads to ascertain their validity and reliability.
- Coming up with the content that other writers would focus on.
- Quick response in tipoffs.
- Editing content.
- Ability to write on a wide variety of topics.
- Creative in writing.
- Excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of French and German.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Ability to work and deliver within a short timeline.
- Aware of all the laws and regulations that pertain to journalism.
- Works well with others and is capable and willing to learn.
- Handles rejection and setbacks well.
- Persistent in chasing leads.
- Able to work for long hours.
- Delivery of quality work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Not afraid to take risks.
- Always delivers before the set deadlines.
Key Competencies and Skills
Reporting, proof reading, keyboard skills, freelancing, interviewing and investigation.
Ashford University 1982-1986
BA (Hons) Media Studies
SunSide School 1994-1998